2008-11-14

971114人間菩提英文版 Tzu Chi Hospital in Dalin:An Exemplar of Medicine with Humanity

Tzu Chi Hospital in Dalin:An Exemplar of Medicine  每日播出內容FLV 300K WMV 300K56K
人間菩提--醫療服務深具人文
 
 

"Let's go"

"I feel great both physically and mentally"

Seeing how everyone can cycle here, I know everyone is in very good health.

Let's work together to care for one another and for the greater good.

This is a kind of health checkup too.

CEO Lin of Tzu Chi's medical mission and Superintendent Chien of our hospital in Dalin.

(both served at our hospital in Hualien before,) and look at how they have truly set up a medical culture o humanity in our Dalin Tzu Chi Hospital that serves people in the rural countryside.

For that, I am truly very grateful to them.

Put your palms together. Greet Master.

Hello, Master. Even when the hospital was still being built. The two of them had make up their mind to come and serve here.

They were resolved to carry out.

Tzu Chi's spirit of humanity in Dalin.

That's what I'm very grateful to them for.

Over the past eight years, here in this hospital surrounded by farmland with each year that passes, more medical personnel who share our same ideal have joined us in our medical mission.

Just now, I saw how one speaker introduced the next speaker to me before he finished his report and handed the microphone to the next person.

As I sat there and listened to you, what I heard wasn't so much the medical techniques.

What I heard and saw most were our values of humanity.

I have been very grateful to our surgeons at Dalin Tzu Chi Hospital.

I always tell my patients that since we don't know how to operate on patients.

We need the help of surgeons.

If the surgeons did a very good job and brought our patients back to us safe and sound.

We'd be very moved.

I see how you work together in unity, harmony, and mutual love, and join your efforts to serve others.

Having served as the supt. here for eight years, CEO Lin has now passed the bation to Supt. Chien.

I am sure that this is the right time to do that because in Buddhism, there's the Eightfold Path and in the past eight years, I'm sure that CEO Lin had paved a solid and smooth path for those who come later to walk upon.

We now have six hospitals in Taiwan.

In addition to these six medical institutions, our medical mission is also being carried out.

(in many parts of the world)

and, through providing medical services, members of our international med. assn. (TIMA) have also spread our spirit worldwide.

CEO Lin is also the convener of TIMA and every year, he wil convene a TIMA convention here in Taiwan.

So, to carry out our medical mission, I truly need CEO Lin and his wife to join hands and work together to help me in our effort to (provide medical services to)

(those in need around the world)

(So, it is very important)

(for our hospitals in Taiwan)

(to truly uphold and carry out)

(our spirit of humanity unwaveringly)

After coming here, I feel that the hospital has

(given us its full support) so that doctors can fully dedicate themselves to caring for patients.

Patients and their families also receive much support and care.

So, I am very happy to come and work here.

Today, I saw some new faces of those who've just. Joined us for two or three months.

Since the last time I was here was nearly five months ago of course this is the first time we meet and I can see that there are many young doctors joining us now.

Moreover, they identify with our ideals

There are more and more young doctors like that which truly gives me much confidence and sets my mind at ease.

Breathe in. Breathe out

Very good. You're fine

Do you feel much better now?

It's just that your voice hasn't recovered.

You hurt your vocal cords before, right?

So, I think you've recovered quite well.

Right,

Let's pray together for you to recover soon.

See how our doctors advise and care for their patients with such patience and great loving care.

They even go on medical outreaches in remote areas to conduct health education because prevention is more important than treatment.

We hope all people can stay healthy:

But if they are ill we should advise them what to do.

When their illness is in its initial stage, we should quickly treat them before it gets worse.

This is very important.

So, seeing our doctors going to rural areas to conduct health education:

I am truly very moved.

In celebrating Doctor's Day---

On my way over here, I saw how our medical staff at our hospitals in Xindian and Dalin celebrated Doctor's Day in a very different way.

They held free clinics or helped those in need clean their houses.

A lot of he food in the kitchen had expired, so we helped clear them out.

So that the place would be cleaner, and so rats and cockroaches won't be as likely to come.

We also cleared the food away so that they wouldn't end up eating food that has already expired.

That'd be better for their health.

Look at how our doctors humble themselves to (help with the cleanup) and benefit others.

Doctors should not just treat patients in the hospital.

We should also come to the countryside or places were help is needed to see what we can do to help.

Many of our medical staff took part in this event.

What touched me a lot was seeing that many of our staffs family also came along.

One thing that was very touching to see was that though in the past, it used to be the father bringing this child along this time, the father had to take an exam so the child came in his father's stead

Look at how they dedicate themselves.

It is very praiseworthy.

I am truly very grateful to them.

I also saw how our nurses care for the patients with such loving care when extracting  when extracting phlegm for a patient. If I were the nurse my heart would go out to the patient too.

See how mindful and loving she was.

Take a deep breath, okay?

Breathe in I'm here with you, alright?

(Everything is fine, I know it's hard on you)

Just take a deep breath.

That's right.

Breathe in

Easy now

She is truly like a loving mother.

Such motherly love truly embodies the compassion of Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva.

That's why here at our hospitals, the images of Great Healers and Avalokitesvara Bodhisattvas are everywhere to be seen.

For that, I'm truly very grateful.

I'm confident that our hospital in Dalin can always serve as a role model for me o tell the other Tzu Chi hospitals that Dalin Tzu Chi Hospital is an exemplar in promoting Tzu Chi's spirit of humanity.

That is what I often say.

So, Supt. Chien, and everyone as well---please keep up the good work.

I often liken myself to an old ox pulling a cart uphill.

I need everyone to help give me a push from behind.

(even if you just push with one finger)

With everyone doing that together, the cart won't be too heavy to pull.

Do not pull on the cart.

I need to pull it forward so please help give me a push.

Thank you all for having love, respect and gratitude for one another.

Let's move onwards with love, respect & gratitude.

Thank you all and my best wishes to you all.

 

 

 

  

首播 每日19:45
重播 週一到週五
   09:48 11:45 15:15 23:00
重播 週六
   07:45 11:45 15:18 23:00
重播 週日
   02:45 07:45 11:45 23:00

照拂疾患視如親
下鄉往診行衛教
人文素養映菩提
2008-11-14 21:05:55 
 
 
 
人間菩提英文版"刊登網站: http://master-dharma.blogspot.com/

 

 



Regards, Jenny
思慧合十
Today's Jing Si Aphorisms:  When our spirit and action are in harmony;when our heart and thoughts are in accord that is deep meditation. 

今日靜思語:一切言行舉止能精神統一, 心念一致, 就是禪定 

 

No comments: