2008-12-15

971215人間菩提英文版The Love and Compassion of Humane Doctors

The Love and Compassion of Humane Doctors每日播出內容FLV 300K WMV 300K56K
人間菩提--人醫之愛
 

"I served at Jiuling Village"

"In the morning, I saw patients at our free clinic and visited patients at their home in the afternoon."

"Every time a new volunteer group came, I'd say to them:"

"We'll eat only after we finish seeing patients"

"Is that alright?"

"Everybody would agree, and I 'd say, "Good! That's what we'll do"

"So, when we arrived, we'd set up everything"

"Then, I'd tell everyone to use the restroom"

"and they'd all go. After that,"

"we'd start working without rest"

"I told them that if they couldn't hold it,"

"they could use the toilet, otherwise,"

"we'd work until we finished or work"

"At your age, don't you feel tired?"

"Not at all. Once I started, I forgot everything"

"How so?"

"I simply forgot as I was too busy"

"I was really busy"

"We started at 9:00 a.m. or so,"

"and there was a lot to do"

"I'd start to work and wouldn't have time to"

"use the toilet until 2 p.m."

"You just wouldn't think of yourself"

"I shared before that"

"it's because breathing is such a natural thing,"

"or I'd forget to breathe too"

"When you are really busy"

"you won't think of anything else but work"

Truly, what we witness is the love of humane doctors.

(who have the bodhisattva spirit)

They truly feel very deeply for the suffering of the sick so they cannot bear to see them suffering the pain of illness. They treat the sick as though they were their own family without distinguishing between ethnicity or nationality.

Doesn't that express that members of our medical association (TIMA) are bodhisattvas who have pure and enlightened love for others?

(Harboring such pure, enlightened love for others) they are able to empathize deeply with the plight of the sick.

The doctors we see all keep the Buddha in their hearts and serve as Great Healers like the Buddha.

This doctor we see is Dr. Wu. He was resolved to become a doctor at a very young age, and overcame many adverse circumstances to fulfill this aspiration.

His father liked to drink and when he became drunk, he would hit people.

So, Dr. Wu dared not return home sometimes and he often slept in his classroom at school. He studied very hard (to become a doctor) all because he once saw on he news that some patients were turned away from a hospital.

After learning about such news, he vowed to become a doctor.

At that moment, he decided that he would become a doctor in order to save lives, and that is what he has dedicated his life to doing.

Just as he was getting established as a doctor and life had become smoother for him,

one of his relatives, whom he acted as a guarantor to, ran off.

As a result, his house was seized by the court.

Such was the severe setback that he suffered at one point.

But fortunately, he got involved with Tzu Chi and heard me say that there is no one I cannot forgive, love, or trust.

His wife also told him that those who do good will not become poor:

Those who don't do good will not prosper much

So, perhaps in a past life, he owed his relative, so he must repay it now in this life.

Though he is not very well-to-do, he still joins many of Tzu Chi's international relief missions.

Ever since the 921 Earthquake, he has been taking part in our free clinic missions.

So, not all doctors (are well-to-do) and have plain sailing lives.

Yet, we can see our volunteer doctors helping people. Be it taking part in international relief missions, etc., they do not fear hard work but would go offer their services wherever there are disasters.

For example, in the immediate aftermath of the Sichuan Earthquake, we saw how TIMA members dedicated themselves without fearing hard work.

(or taking their own comfort and safety)

(into consideration)

"I don't dare to go anywhere before"

"Why did you go this time?"

"I am old and my health condition is not good"

"I had two surgeries to have my hemorrholds removed"

"So, I had to go to the toilet all the time, and I "

"was worried if there were no toilets there" then I 'd be in trouble.

"So, I didn't dare travel overseas"

"I don't like it either"

"Then why did you go this time?"

"I thought to myself that I'm old, and I have to go"

"or I'll have no opportunities." in the future. I must seize the chance.

What they worried most about me was my heart.

Like this time, I was too busy and I left my medicine for my heart in the luggage.

So, I didn't take any medicine for five days.

I didn't dare say anything because I knew.

"if I did, I'd be in trouble"

"and my wife would be worried"

"So, I hadn't taken any medicine for five days"

"and right after I came back,"

"I took my medicine this morning" because I have to take medicine every day.

Look at Dr. Chen and Dr. Wu

Both of them suffer from an illness of their own.

However, with a heart filled with love although they have ailments themselves, they still go care for others putting the quake survivors' needs before their own.

In the Sutra of Innumerable Meanings, there is a passage that describes how a ferryman, despite his own illness still delivers others in his solid boat to the other shore.

Although he is ill, with the boat he has, he can deliver both himself and others to the other shore.

With their love, our volunteer doctors can put their own illness aside and provide medical services to others.

By doing that, they not only benefit others with the medical skills they have but also fulfill their own wishes of serving those in need.

What they have done is truly very touching.

Two days ago, our TIMA members in northern Taiwan traveled by sea to Gresater Kinmen & Lesser Kinmen to hold a two-day free clinic.

They also went to provide medical services at the prison and an institution for the mentally challenged, offering them love and comfort.

And so they were able to inspire the love of many prison inmates.

(Seeing how our doctors gave of themselves,) many of them felt that, in the future, when released, they should also contribute for the good of society.

Truly, our doctors not only treat patients' physical illness but also heal their hearts.

(That is indeed what being a doctor is all about)

They not only provide medical care, but also bring emotional support to the sick attending to both people's physical and emotional health.

Look at our TIMA members. As long as they can mindfully take the Dharma to heart,

they're able to relieve others' suffering.

Be it treating physical ailments or giving emotional comfort, they dedicate themselves with gentle love and care so that those who had once committed wrongs those with physical ailments, and those who had unwholesome habits, etc could become inspired by this group of living buddhas and bodhisattvas who travel across the sea, climb mountains and go into remote areas---our volunteer doctors go everywhere to care for people in need as well as to sow seeds of love in people's hearts.

I'm truly very grateful for the dedication of the living bodhisattvas in our medical association, TIMA.

Recently, there are truly many disasters occurring throughout the world.

In Spain, sleety rain (has also been forecasted)

(across much of the country)

(These are very unusual weather conditions)

This is the situation in Spain.

Likewise, in the U.S., an ice storm with high winds, sleet, and snow swept through the Northeast on Dec. 12, leaving many without power.

(and causing at least 4 casualties)

So, everyone, we truly should be grateful that we are able to live in peace and safety and have adequate clothing and food.

Blessed are those who are able to give.

But in order to benefit others, one must first open up one's heart.

(and overcome any obstacles one encounters)

Once you overcome your obstacles and are willing to dedicate yourself.

There is nothing that is too difficult to do or that can't be achieved.

I am truly very grateful---

I am grateful that we have such a chance to benefit and encourage one another every day.

For that, I am truly very grateful.

 

 

 

首播 每日19:45
重播 週一到週五
   09:48 11:45 15:15 23:00
重播 週六
   07:45 11:45 15:18 23:00
重播 週日
   02:45 07:45 11:45 23:00



深恤病苦立宏願
人醫之愛志於行
渡海下鄉施義診
自度度人福德增

慈濟人醫會醫師吳森,今年六十五歲,有七次出國義診的經驗,吳醫師總是笑咪咪的,所以大家稱呼他老頑童,是義診團的開心果,但在笑容的背後,其實吳森醫師十多年前,因為替人擔保,一夕間財產歸零,經歷人生當中最大的驟變,到現在仍然經濟拮据,即便現在想出國賑災,還得籌措旅費,但他說能做就是福,上人感恩人醫,上山下海,深切體恤病者之苦,視病如親,就像灑播愛的種子的人間菩薩。

大地震後的四川災區,悶熱的帳篷裡,吳森醫師認真的為當地民眾義診,由於排隊的民眾眾多,吳醫師只想盡快為他們拔除病苦,自己卻忙到連喝水吃飯的時間都沒有,有心臟病的他,甚至還忘記要定時服藥。

人醫之愛菩提有情,證嚴上人感恩,慈濟人醫會醫師,遠赴窮鄉僻壤,在無醫村定期舉行義診,不分國界與種族,視病如親,真誠的陪伴膚慰,用醫療妙法,為人間拔除苦難。

無私忘己的付出,悲憫眾生,人醫用愛遍灑全球,克服萬難,不怕路途遙遠的上山下鄉,令人感動。
2008/12/15

 

 

 

人間菩提英文版"刊登網站: http://master-dharma.blogspot.com/

 

 



Regards, Jenny
思慧合十
Today's Jing Si Aphorisms:  Two things should never wait doing good deeds and being good to our parents.

今日靜思語: 世間有兩件事不能等, 一是"行善", 二是"孝順 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: