2008-12-09

971209人間菩提英文版Seeing Hope for the Future in Our Education

Seeing Hope for the Future in Our Education
人間菩提 / 每日播出內容FLV 300K WMV 300K56K

人間菩提--從教育見希望
 
 
 

In the past 13 days, I have been traveling around Taiwan and beginning in Zhanghua County this years Year-end Blessings Ceremony unfolded.

After that, I traveled southwards, holding a series of Year-end Blessings Ceremonies.

By the time I returned to the Abode yesterday.

It was already evening.

All that I saw and heard during these days made me feel that our Tzu Chi volunteers in Taiwan are truly very endearing.

Be it adult bodhisattvas or little bodhisattvas all that they did and how they carried themselves truly touched me as well as set my mind at ease and seeing them.

I truly felt much hope for the future.

"Thank you, Grand-master"

"Thank you, Tzu Chi aunts and uncles." For giving us such a beautiful school to study in.

Thank you, teachers, for teaching us.

Thank you, Mom and Dad, for loving us.

Welcome to Tzu Chi Elementary School.

Thank you for coming.

Thank you all.

These are students from our elementary school in Tainan.

See how young they are

They were very happy, and one child held onto each of my fingers.

So, holding my fingers in their tiny hands, they gave me a tour of their school.

One of them said to the others:

"Careful! Hold Grand-master's hands gently"

"Don't squeeze too hard"

……as if I were very fragile.

They were truly very careful with me and kept reminding each other.

They were truly like small Tzu Cheng members.

Also, in guiding me on to the next place

They wouldn't point, but would use the graceful and polite gesture saying:

"Grand-master, this way. Please"

They explained each classroom to me in detail including what it was used for, like the music room, as well as many others.

They especially took me to visit the restroom and said:

"Grand-master, please stop and look at this"

I thought to myself, "What's so special here?"

This is our restroom.

You have to change into slippers before going in so that it can be kept clean.

Do you students wash it?

Yes, and we change into slippers before going in so that the restroom can be kept clean.

I wondered what was so special about the restroom so I glanced inside

Fearing that I'd go inside with my shoes on.

He said, "You have to"

"change into the slippers before going inside"

I said, "I know, I'm not going inside"

He said, "But it's very clean inside"

"At our school, only students with good grades"

"and who have good conduct"

"get to clean the restroom"

I said, "Have you cleaned it before?"

He assured me, "Yes. Everyone here"

"wants to do it, but our grades"

"have to be good enough o get the chance"

I asked, "So, it's not a punishment?"

They said, "No, it's an honor"

That truly was very special.

After staying there for a while, he then led me to the music room.

Before going into the classroom, he said:

"Grand-master, when you go inside in a minute,"

"you can have a seat"

"but do be prepared because"

"the drums can be really loud"

He first cautioned me that the drums can be very loud and told me to watch ou.

That's how considerate he was.

I also asked them questions but nothing was too difficult for them to answer.

They answered all my questions readily and in a very thoughtful manner.

From that, we can see how our teachers have been guiding the children with love to give them a quality education.

Just look at their library.

It's only an elementary school library, and yet there are books in the oriental languages Spanish, French, German, etc.

Truly, just by looking at their library:

We can see the quality of education that we give our children.

There are also storybooks and books for extracurricular reading.

On the bulletin board in the corridor, they even posted a list on how many books each student has borrowed so everyone is able to know.

How much extracurricular reading they've done in addition to their textbooks.

(You can see from all the list)

(all the books that they've read)

This is the ranking for number of books borrowed.

The more books a class borrows the higher it'll be in the ranking.

When I asked the boys:

"How come some of the book stalls are empty?"

One replied, "It's because our school is very new"

"So, some of the books haven't come in yet"

See how they spoke up on behalf of their school.

See, our school has only opened for a little over a year, but

(look at how well our children conduct themselves)

I am truly very grateful.

These children are truly the hope of our future.

"Grand-master,"

"could you please pa us on the head"

Sure! Pat you on the head.

"Okay"

"Who else?"

"There you go"

"Okay"

"Anyone else?"

"Be good"

"Study hard"

"Alright?"

"Okay"

"thank you"

"Grand-master"

Bow to Grand-master.

"Okay"

"Thank you"

"During my trip this time,"

"I met many adult and child bodhisattvas. doctors. nurses, etc.
Everything I saw during the past 13 days truly filled my heart with joy and comfort.

I traveled around half of Taiwan.

Though I went down south from Taipei, I only started giving Year-end Blessings Ceremonies after I arrived in central Taiwan.

Throughout my trip, I saw many touching stories of love.

There are too many to share with you all.

However, there are many things that worry me.

Throughout my trip, I have been worried because every day I would read

reports sent to me via email about the flood disaster in Brazil.

Tzu Chi volunteers have gone into the disaster areas and our hearts truly ache and our hearts truly ache.

Tzu Chi volunteers are now preparing to carry out relief work in Brazil.

It makes me very worried that the flood waters have not receded.

When Tzu Chi volunteers arrived there, they saw that sanitation problems have already caused water-borne diseases to emerge.

I have also been looking at updates with regards to Zimbabwe as I'm also very worried about the situation there.

We held an aid distribution in Zimbabwe only in November.

We already know that there is great political instability in Zimbabwe and the people there are extremely impoverished.

People cannot afford to buy food as hyperinflation has caused the Zimbabwean doolar to lose value and the prices of goods to rise continually.

On top of this, there is also the problem of having safe drinking water so an outbreak of cholera has now become an epidemic.

Cases of cholera are continually being reported and the disease has even been spread to South Africa. Mozambique, (Botswana, and Zambia)

Tzu Chi volunteers in Zimbabwe are preparing to hold a large-scale distribution to provide people there with much needed supplies which our volunteers will transport from S. Africa.

I am also very worried about that.

Although I am very touched by their efforts, I am still very worried about our volunteers going into areas where there is such a severe cholera epidemic so I keep reminding them to be careful.

All around the world, there are so many living in suffering.

So, we are truly blessed to be here in Taiwan because everyone here is full of loving-kindness.

The Year-end Blessings Ceremonies have shown us the peace and harmony we have here in Taiwan.

So, we Tzu Chi volunteers in Taiwan must know to count our blessings cherish our blessings and, most importantly , create more blessings.

 

 

 

 

首播 每日19:45
重播 週一到週五
   09:48 11:45 15:15 23:00
重播 週六
   07:45 11:45 15:18 23:00
重播 週日
   02:45 07:45 11:45 23:00



慈小導覽見真純
知書達禮勤於學
邊地頻災受苦患
知福造福濟危殆
2008/12/09

 

 

 

 

 

 

人間菩提英文版"刊登網站: http://master-dharma.blogspot.com/

 

 



Regards, Jenny
思慧合十
Today's Jing Si Aphorisms:   Giving time to our parents is about spending time with them with joy, not merely out of a sense of duty.

 

今日靜思語:陪伴父母要歡喜, 而不是應付責任 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: