2008-12-03

971202人間菩提英文版Forming Good Affinities with Othersthrough Love

Forming Good Affinities with Othersthrough Love每日播出內容FLV 300K WMV 300K56K
愛心灌漿造福緣
 
 
 

Time truly flies.

Last year, I was standing here for the Year-end Blessings Ceremony, and now I am standing here for the Year-end Blessings Ceremony again.

The Year-end Blessings Ceremonies are held every year what gives me the greatest joy is to see our staff and doctors getting certified one after another and becoming new members of our big family of Tzu Chi.

That is what gives me the greatest joy.

This big family of Tzu Chi starts from one seed of love which further gives rise to innumerable seeds.

Earlier, I saw the sign language performance.

(of the first two merits from the Ten Merits)

Next year, when I come, I'm sure you'll be able to perform the whole chapter of the Ten Merits.

The performance was only five minutes long and it may not be as perfect as expected.

But, through the performance, our staff wanted to let.

Tzu Chi volunteers worldwide know that all staff in Dalin are willing to shoulder the responsibility and continue to carry out the medical mission.

Medicine is not only about treating patients.

This five-minute performance stands for our commitment of 500 years.

That commitment of 500 years means that you'll follow me life after life.

Am I right?

Alright, I am truly very grateful.

All of our six hospitals across Taiwan (work with one heart to safeguard people's health)

This hospital in Dalin was built (to care for people in the countryside)

(Over two decades ago,)when I wanted to build a hospital, I never imagined that

(our hospital could carry on such pioneering work)as I've heard about today.

From our cardiologist report, we heard that our doctors have performed five procedures that have never been done elsewhere in the world.

You are all really on the cutting-edge.

Despite already having very advanced medical technology nowadays we are still working ceaselessly to have a deeper, broader, and wider understanding of medicine.

Because of what we've done, Taiwan's medical achievements can stand out in the international community.

This is especially true for the example that our doctors have set in humane medicine.

We should not only strive to set an example for medical practice in Taiwan but also throughout the world.

I'm sure we can all achieve this, right?

Yes, we should all have the same aspiration and convictions to carry out our mission.

During the Year-end Blessings Ceremony each year, the hong-bao that everyone receives stands for wisdom because the money for the hong-baos comes from the royalties of my books.

Every year, I share my royalties with every one of you.

I hope everyone can (hold to our Jing Si principles)

All those who are my disciples must strive to uphold the principles of our Jing Si lineage and practice our spirit of diligence, frugality, and perseverance in the face of hardship.

(That is the way of our Jing Si lineage)

As for the other hong-bao, seeing it, your heart must fill with warmth.

You can proudly tell people about it.

I always tell everyone about your contributions.

For every ceremony, I tell everyone:

"These rice grains"

"were grown by the staff at our hospital in Dalin"

"They planted the seedlings and"

"harvested the rice themselves"

"So, every rice grain in the hong-bao"

"was mindfully picked and selected"

"They do this so they may form good affinities"

"with Tzu Chi volunteers worldwide"

It is said that it's a patient's blessing to meet a doctor who has good affinities with him.

So, doctors should all the more form more good affinities with everyone.

With good affinities, the patient will be much better already when they see you're  their doctor.

So, It's said that a patient's fortune depends on his affinities with his doctor.

So, you should all form more good affinities with others.

I'm especially grateful for (the gift of three carts of coin banks)that I was presented with when I arrived.

I remember that last year the coin banks were presented to me in a pulling cart at the hospital's dining room.

This year, altogether, there were three carts of IV bottles filled with coins.

They must be very heavy.

They were contributions from all departments.

Thank you all. Indeed, single grains of rice can amount to a bushel while small drops of water can form a river.

From the result, we can that you've truly put this principle in practice and were mindful in doing so each day.

I also saw how CEO Lin of our medical mission managed to carry two heavy baskets of rice grains with a shoulder pole.

He lifted it up despite its heavy weight

I was also very grateful to see so many bags of the rice they grew which they vacuum-packed in 1-kg packs.

I'm not sure whether it was because of the light, but every pack seemed to be shimmering in gold as if each grain of rice were a pearl bead.

So, I called it the pearls of rice grown by Great Healers.

I'm truly very grateful for these beautiful rice grains which were the result of a good harvest. Supt. Chien told me that the harvest was 10 percent more than last year.

See, our doctors truly are Great Healers.

Under their care the harvest actually increased by 10 percent from last year.

All this can be attributed to the love in their hearts.

We also saw that rice farmers in Myanmar collected a good harvest.

Their minister of agriculture told us that the yield from the rice seeds we gave was 17

Percent more than before while the yield from their own seeds was 20 percent less.

So, altogether the gross yield was pretty much the same as before.

I'm truly grateful to hear that the farmers in Myanmar reaped such a plentiful harvest from the seeds we gave them

I also received from them rice grains from six ears of rice.

The local rice farmers entrusted our volunteers from Malaysia to hand them to me in person.

There were six ears of rice.

Every grain of rice is very full and well-grown and each grain of rice contains the love of Tzu Chi volunteers worldwide.

Doctors, nurses, and all staff in Dalin---some of you have planted the rice seedlings and harvested the rice yourselves.

Each year, your rice is used in our hong-baos to share with Tzu Chi volunteers worldwide.

By doing that, you're sowing blessings by forming good affinities with others.

So, this represents wisdom and this represents blessings. By giving you this, I wish you can cultivate both wisdom and blessings.

Each year, I share this hong-bao which represents both wisdom and blessings with you.

I am truly very grateful.

Thank you, every one of you doctors, nurses, and staff at each of our departments.

Under the guidance of your superintendent every one of you carries out our mission as your own and treats all patients as if they were your family.

Seeing such selfless Great Love of yours, I truly must say "thank you"to all of you.

(No words can express how grateful I am)

Thank you all for your hard work and dedication.

May each day be a beautiful and auspicious day for you.

Thank you. My best wishes to you all.

 

 

 

 

首播 每日19:45
重播 週一到週五
   09:48 11:45 15:15 23:00
重播 週六
   07:45 11:45 15:18 23:00
重播 週日
   02:45 07:45 11:45 23:00



醫王插秧結稻穗
粒粒飽滿似珍珠
愛心灌漿造福緣
醫療奉獻曜世間
2008/12/02

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

人間菩提英文版"刊登網站: http://master-dharma.blogspot.com/

 

 



Regards, Jenny
思慧合十
Today's Jing Si Aphorisms:   Be a olerant person, and not a person who is tolerated.

今日靜思語:做一個能包容的人,不要做一個被包容的人

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: